Wednesday, May 12, 2010

New work: Terrence Payne

I've been a fan of Terrence Payne's art since I first saw his "NEST" project with fellow painter Amy Rice, an installation that covered an entire mid-century modernist house with Payne's silkscreens and Rice's whimsical scenes. Now that Rosalux Gallery, which he co-founded, has sadly shuttered, he'll be showing his latest work at Umber Studios. The solo show, "Pick Me Up: New Works by Terrence Payne," will debut on Saturday, May 22, with an opening reception from 8-11 p.m.

"I'm Not Sure What Kind Of Rodent You Are, But I'm Sure You Would Make A Good Coat"

I expect to see a few of the pieces he's posted lately on his blog, terrencepayne.blogspot.com, including these two gorgeous, fashion-y pieces. What can I say, I'm a sucker for pretty girls in dresses.

"Are Your Fingers That Amazing Or Are You Just A Little Stoned?"

No comments:

Post a Comment