Mini Apple hits the Big Apple
Minnesotans hit up New York Fashion Week with aplomb, including Juut hairstylist Pearson Knight, six models from local agency Vision, photographer Stephanie Colgan shooting for New York Times, and Coco and Breezy in their debut fashion show.
- Minneapolis-based Juut hairstylist Pearson Knight was behind many of the hair looks at New York Fashion Week. He was lead hairstylist for Aveda on shows for Rodarte, Ports 1961, Jason Wu, Elissa Palomino, AAU, Organic by John Patrick, Trias, Leanne Marshall (Project Runway season 5 winner), and Marisol Henriquez.
- Star Tribune reports on Knight leading hair backstage at Jason Wu.
- I'm Not Obsessed! blog interviews Knight on his work with Aveda and what it's like working with the Rodarte sisters.
- The Alloy Girl blog has a recap of Knight's makeup work backstage at Ports 1961.
- Visit Knight's facebook page for behind the scenes shots from Ports 1961.
- Star Tribune reports on local Vision model Will Defiel walking for Calvin Klein during New York Fashion week last week.
- Check out my recap of all the local Vision models at New York Fashion Week - including Defiel, Megan McNierney, Mike Elmqiust, Black Kuchta, Diane Johnson and Nique Jenkins.
- Jane Belfry also has a recap at her blog The Fashion Critic.
- Local photographer Stephanie Colgan photographs behind the scenes and the runway at New York Fashion Week while on assignment for The New York Times. She shot Philip Lim and Norma Kamali for the Times, as well as Simon Spurr, Rad Hourani and Badgley Mischka.
- Here's my photo recap of some of her behind-the-scenes and runway shots.
- Former Project Runway contestant Christopher Straub was in attendance at the season seven Project Runway finale show at New York Fashion Week. He gives his picks for the seventh season's best collections at New York Fashion Week and his recap of Episode 6 at RealityWanted.com.
- Straub dishes on New York Fashion Week and Project Runway on Shop Girls. Tune in, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday on myTalk 107.1 or online at www.mytalk1071.com.
- Coco and Breezy showed their collection at New York Fashion Week last week. Check out more images over at facebook. They showed new eyewear, headgear and necklaces on body-suited models.
- Star Tribune reports on more Minnesotans at New York Fashion Week, including celeb hairstylist Ted Gibson (who styled for Lela Rose), and Linda and Kim Renk of jewelry line Sequin, who made pieces for Badgley Mischka's show.
- Sad news: Shoppe Local, Stacey Johnson Jewelry Design and Patina's were among the businesses affected by the fire at 50th Street South and Bryant Avenue in Minneapolis. While Shoppe Local and Stacey Johnson are expected to survive, Patina's was completely destroyed by the fire. [Examiner; WCCO]
- Local hairstylist Faatemah Ampey was kicked off Shear Genius this week; here's her take on the elimination.
- Mary O'Regan at METRO Magazine offers a great recap of Faatemah's time on the show.
- Just-announced America's Next Top Model contestant Raina Hein is interviewed in this clip on YouTube.
- l'etoile Creative Director Beth Hammarlund remembers Alexander McQueen. Lots of photos of video.
- Local blogger Marina Maric blogs this week about Catcher in the Rye movie adaptation, tiny fashionistas, Prince, vintage personal ads and more for NYC-based writer Rex Sorgatz' blog www.fimoculous.com.
- Star Tribune puts University of Minnesota apparel design seniors to the test with local boutique Cliche.
- Check out photos from local photographer Jenn Cress's trip to Paris Fashion Week on her new fashion photography blog, Fashion Before Function.
Local fashion writer Kara Nesvig points out the similarities in the headpieces used in the PETROU/MAN fashion show during New York Fashion Week to local character/artist Scott Seekins [Via LOL-OMG!]
METRO Magazine's Mary O'Regan posts some phone photos from the Calpurnia Peach spring 2010 fashion show on Sunday.
[A Spring 2010 look by Kerry Riley at Avoid the Grey; Image by Rod Hasse]Congrats to local designer (and St. Kate alum) Maritza Ramirez! The show is scheduled for May 15.
[A Spring 2010 look by Raul Osorio]
Voltage 2010 designer Raul Osorio posts a preview image from his spring 2010 line.
[Image by Miles Schuster]Ignite also posted this whimsical image of local model Sarah Leiteisko shot while on her recent trip to Miami.
Ignite Models have posted a preview of the promo images (above) for their spring 2010 Envision show. Photographer Miles Schuster also posted another one of the images.
Images from the Go Live - Go Red event at FiveTwoSix Salon and Gallery on February 12.
Exciting news from longtime Minneapolis designer Russell Bourrienne.
Christopher dishes some exciting news! Looking forward to seeing the first full men's and women's clothing collections from the Project Runway fan favorite.
Minneapolis-based celeb hairstylist Ted Gibson appears in this promo video for ShopBEAUTY at ShopNBC. The locally-based company shot the video at W Minneapolis hotel. Oh, and it stars one of my favorite local models, Monica Ulrich.
Christopher Straub posted this shot on his facebook page from a photo shoot on Friday night. Wonder if this is for his spring MNfashion Week show?