- Here's our Valentine's Guide to Getting Lucky over at l'etoile.
- Visit my sales and shopping guide at l'etoile and my St. Paul sales and shopping guide over at the651.com for more Valentine's events.
- Check out Kara Nesvig's Last minute Valentine's Day Beauty Guide for the Ladies for The Minnesota Daily.
- Vita.mn's Alexis McKinnis also has a nifty little guide via her personal blog Girl Friday.
- Faatemah Ampey, contestant on Shear Genius, has just survived the second episode of the third season (she ended up safe in the middle of the pack). Check out her blog on the episode here. Faatemah is interviewed about her hair for Modern Salon Magazine. Check out another new interview with Faatemah over at the Scissor Sharpening blog.
- In other local reality TV news, local model Raina Hein was announced this week as contestant in America's Next Top Model, Cycle 14. It will premiere March 10 on CW. [LOL-OMG!, Le Petit, Vita.mn]
- Local model Will Defiel is interviewed about balancing schoolwork with modeling in Vita.mn's @work
[Monique Darton; courtesy Lifetime]
- Local model Monique Darton looking gorgeous in a design by Jay Nicolas Sario on this week's episode of Project Runway. She (and Jay) were deemed safe by the judges.
- Local Vision model Mike Elmquist photographed in DKNY for its Fall 2010 presentation during New York Fashion Week.
- Sara Glassman reports from the Project Runway season 7 finale runway show at New York Fashion Week for Star Tribune.
- Local jewelry line Carrier Pigeon has jewelry in a New York boutique called Old Hollywood.
- Local jewelry designer Robyne Robinson gets her first UK press in glossy Side View Magazine.
- Vita.mn's 2010 Hotness winners have been announced. Finalists included local graphic designer Chris Larson (art director for Voltage, MNfashion and l'etoile magazine) and occassional l'etoile model Trenton Raygor.
- I just received an invite to a private showing of Calpurnia Peach's Spring 2010 collection on February 21. Can't wait to see what these talented girls are cooking up! Look for a review in l'etoile magazine in coming weeks.
- Local fashionistas tweet about Alexander McQueen's death. [LOL-OMG!]
Reviews, photos and video of the (In)Sight U of M Senior Fashion Show and more:
- View photo galleries of (In)Sight by Stacy Schwartz, Amy Gee, and Nick Patton.
- Check out (In)Sight reviews by Lauren Gantner for l'etoile magazine, METRO Magazine, Carl Atiya Swanson of Cake In 15, and my review for Vita.mn.
- The U of M website has a video of the entire show here.
- City Pages has a slideshow of images from Thursday's Funk 'N Fashion Show at Lost and Found Vintage.
- Images from Curster's Dollmighty Fashion Show by Stephanie Colgan are up at SooVAC's facebook page.
- Christopher Straub reports via facebook that's he's "bumming around NYC with Jay." They both attended Friday morning's Project Runway season 7 finale runway show.
- Fashion designer Joy Teiken gears up for her (invitation-only) "Evening of Couture" show at the Goldstein on February 25.
- Local fashion writer Sara Glassman reports that Glamorama 2010 is a go and Nordstrom is planning a major fashion show in June locally. [via @PopFizzDaily]
- Local hairstylist Faatemah Ampey (current contestant on Shear Genius) meets the inimitable Tabatha Coffey of Bravo's Salon Takeover.
- Former Minneapolitan identical twin designers Coco and Breezy walk the space for their debut New York Fashion Week show. [via Facebook]