Voltage Preview, 1.26.10 at Vision Models studio:
- Check out images from the Voltage Preview by Stacy Schwartz and Vision Models.
- Allison Kaplan covers the Voltage Preview for Pioneer Press and blogs about it HERE and HERE. (She calls a Voltage 2010 look by Kevin Kramp a "high fashion Snuggie." LOL!)
- Cake in 15's Carl Atiya Swanson reviews the show.
- Alexandra and the City reviews the Preview and posts images.
- Voltage 2010 designer George Moskal gives how-to demos on designing three pieces from his upcoming Voltage collection, as previewed last week.
- Visit www.voltagefashionamplified.com for more info on Voltage 2010.
- Head to 501 Club this Sunday, February 7 for the first edition of Vintage Voltage. In the weeks leading up to show, the Voltage folks have put together a series of all-star fests to take you back, and give you a taste of what’s to come. This month, it’s power-pop band The Melismatics (Voltage 2004), R&B soul groovers Black Blondie (Voltage 2007), and psychedelic super-family First Communion Afterparty (Voltage 2009). Staffers of local online magazine l’etoile will provide a stylish soundtrack in between bands (8 p.m., free, 21+).
- Voltage's facebook page has uploaded tons of images from past shows. Check out shots from Voltage 2005, Voltage 2007, Voltage 2008, and Voltage 2009.
Cliché's "Avoid the Grey" fashion show, 1.28.10 at Old Arizona:
- Check out photo galleries from photographers Stacy Schwartz, The Minneapoline, and Rod Hasse.
- Mary O'Regan Tweets pix from the Avoid the Grey Cliche fashion show [via LOL-OMG]. View all the images on Mary's image gallery.
- Cliché designer Kathryn Sterner posts images of her spring line Kathryn V, which had its debut at Avoid the Grey last week. Loving the plaid Louis Vuitton-esque hair bows.
- Designer Amanda Christine has backstage images on her blog.
- Midwest fashion site The Midwasteland reviews the show.
Commingle fashion show, 1.27.10 at Fine Line Music Café:
- Preview video featuring some of the fashions from the show.
- Tony Nelson shoots Commingle for City Pages.
- More photos by Kevin Ophoven.
In other local fashion news...
Photographer Emily Utne and fashion writer Stacey Tuthill say this is their last run of the Freestyle Fashion feature on citypages.com. Apparently it was an amicable split, but they're inexplicably being replaced by a fashion stylist, Hollie Mae from HMStyling. Those two have always had a great eye for detail and presentation - it's too bad CP couldn't hold onto them.
Fashion designer Laura Fulk visits the Walker Art Center's Skyline Room as a potential location for her MNfashion Week solo spring fashion show.
Midwest style blog The Midwasteland has a hilarious beauty guide in honor of Conan O'Brien. Read "Beauty Mark: We're With Coco". [The Midwasteland]
The creative crew behind upcoming fashion-meets-art-meets-performance event New Land of Milk and Honey is posting updates on their respective blogs. Annie Larson has posted pictures of her knit "winteralls" and other various knits, as well as a crazy-looking woven nylon windbreaker. [Swank Dollar]
l'etoile staff writer Juleana Enright's launches a new nightlife blog on Twin City Scene.
Here's Kara Nesvig's take on stylish Twin Citians' takes on top models for her Fashionista column The Minnesota Daily. My fashionita pal Marina Maric is used as a source.
Ex-pat designer Ra'mon-Lawrence Coleman announces a new spring collection and upcoming fashion show in Chicago.
Metro Mag's Self-Styled feature showcases the personal style of St. Thomas instructor and opera aficionado Marcia Aubineau. I can only hope to be that fabulous at when I'm her age.
The Minneapoline and Vita.mn style shooter Ellen Dahl's interview with Mpls.St.Paul Magazine is now online.
As Coco and Breezy are busy preparing for the New York Fashion Week show, their sunglasses and accessories are getting exposure all over the place. Here's a new interview with the twins at GlobalGrind.com; here's their report about meeting with Essence Magazine; and here is Rosci, host of BET's "106 & Park," wearing their Spike bracelet.
The University of Minnesota's College of Design site has a video preview of this Saturday's senior fashion show. Look to this week's issue of Vita.mn (out Thursday) for my preview of the show.