Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Q&A with BlackBlue's Steve Kang

Originally posted at l'etoile magazine:

by Jahna Peloquin

The Twin Cities newest men's boutique BlackBlue provides local mensfolk with a long-needed beacon of style that is cutting-edge yet accessible enough to make the coasts raise impressed eyebrows and your typical CC Club-goer throw down some cash. We chatted with man-about-town and BlackBlue owner Steve Kang about why he opened the shop, his background, and what we can expect.

[Image provided by BlackBlue]

JP: What inspired you to open your own boutique?

SK: I’ve always been a dabbler in design, so at first I wanted to find a studio space for myself and my friend, Claudette, but then on a whim we decided to throw a clothing shop into the mix since the original focus was on designing clothing. It was also out of frustration because there aren’t many small, nicely edited shops that cater to men in the Twin Cities.

Tell us a little about your professional background.

Hmm, let’s see. I’ve worked a variety of jobs, including working in a Psych Ward, Midwest Mountaineering and a toy manufacturing company called Q-BA-MAZE. I also play music in my friend’s project called Dewi Sant. I am currently finishing an MBA at the University of Minnesota. I guess that’s my professional background.


[Image provided by BlackBlue]

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE at l'etoile magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment