Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Editorial: "Lady in Waiting" in Minnesota Bride

Bridal fashion shoots can tend to get a bit rote, which is why I rarely feature them on my blog. But a spread in the latest issue of Minnesota Bride is worth taking a look. Local stylist Grant Whittaker took bridal looks from international lines as well as local line Joynoelle and added over-the-top jewelry by local designer Stephanie Lake and black accents. In some shots, I think the effect works, but in others I wonder if all the extra black fabric makes the looks overworked and "too much" - and conceal the beautiful simplicity of the original bridal gowns. (Though I think the headpieces and jewelry pairings are fantastic.) Regardless, it's still good to see something a little bit outside of the box with a bridal fashion shoot.







Via Art of Wore
Photos: Miles Schuster
Production & Styling: Grant Whittaker
Hair & Makeup: Rhonda Jackson
Model: Tennille Stoute

No comments:

Post a Comment