First of all, check out my fashion posts from the last week:
From the archives: Ra'mon and Walker Un-Prom. Long-long photos from Ra'mon-Lawrence Coleman's mini collection from 2006.
Rapport vs. Red Shoe. A print from Kerry Riley's Voltage 2007 collection returns - on a new wallet by local accessories line Rapport.
RetroRama 2010 announced. The vintage-inspired fashion show returns with some of the best local designers.
Local photographer wins national photo contest. Eliesa Johnson of photogen-inc. wins a contest at WPII Online.
Local photographer published in national publication. That's Ashley Lebedev in Digital SLR Photography Magazine.
Spring 2010 preview: Jenny Carle. A new test shoot by the local designer featuring one of my favorite models, Joy.
Here's the best of the rest in the world of local social media:
- Photos from the TORCH soft launch event and fashion show (which I styled with costumes from the Minnesota Opera and clothing from OPM and Elsworth) March 8 at International Market Square are up.
- Local designer Amanda Christine reports on thefall 2010 boutique trends at the MAGIC trade show and the POOL Trade Show in Vegas, where she visited with Kimberly Jurek at the end of February.
- Alishops reports that Maplewood Mall is getting an H&M this fall. It will be the Twin Cities' fourth H&M location after Mall of America, Woodbury, and the recently-opened Southdale stores.
- Award winning hair stylist and contestant on Bravo’s “Shear Genius 3,” Faatemah joins other celebs by posing for the infamous silent protest, NOH8 Campaign.
- Bionic Unicorn Jewelry designed some pieces for the Dances of Vice "Wonderland in Spring Ball."
- Lucas Saugen of Twin Cities Statement takes you behind the scenes of how a fashion shoot is touched up publication. The images were shot by my frequent collaborator Nicholas Marshall.
- Minneapolis-based hair-stylist Pearson Knight of Juut and Aveda offers his Fall 2010 hair trend recap.
- Juleana Enright interviews Voltage 2010 designer Danielle Everine.
- Max Lohrbach announced on facebook that he received a grant to make an art installation to be shown in his hometown of Mantorville, MN this fall. If it's as whimsical and brilliant as his clothing we're in for a road trip.
- Local model Raina Hein has not only made it past the second episode of America's Next Top Model, she won one of the challenges. On the perfume photo challenge, Raina was deemed "Gorgeous, beautiful and looks like a wolf" by the judges and Jay Manuel calls her his "favorite of the day." In the semi-nude challenge, Andre Leon Talley said Raina has "graceful hands" and "exudes luxury." She also was successful in her semi-nude photo shoot; click HERE to see the photo, which is slightly NSFW.) Jezebel.com says, "After her first two shoots proved to be big hits, I'm thinking that Raina will end up at least in the top three this cycle." Visit Raina's blog for her reaction to the episode. Local photographer Miles Schuster also posted some Polaroids he took of the model on his facebook page. (Click
- In other local models on reality TV shows news, Monique Darton is still in the race over at Project Runway's seventh season. It's been a rollercoaster ride for the former Vision model. After working with Monique for a number of challenges, designer Emilio shockingly selected another model after last week's challenge. Anthony then chose Monique for this week's episode. Following the episode, Models of the Runway revealed that Anthony opted to drop Monique, but fortunately she was selected by Mila. CLICK HERE for her video blog recapping the episode.
- Ignite Models has posted shots from a new shoot featuring Minneapolis native model Whitney Fransway, who's currently working in L.A.
- Check out this behind-the-scenes shot from the St. Kate's senior fashion show promo shoot, with styling by Jane Belfry and Amber Brenke, as photographed by Emily Utne and directed by St. Kate's grad, student mentor and show emcee Maritza Ramirez. [Via facebook]
- Local fashion designer Maritza Ramirez just announced she's blogging.
- Check out new photos posted on facebook from local designer PFT Couture's Spring 2010 bridal collection.
- Local electro band Lookbook wears jewelry by local designer Carrier Pigeon at SXSW. Maggie dons the matchstick earrings, while Grant wears her talon pendant (sterling silver with a gold treatment, designer Lauren Neal tells me).