Recaps and photos
METRO Magazine's Fashion Fight Night 4: 2.27.10 at Uppercut Boxing Gym
- Fashion Fight Night event photos by Katie Workinger, LEAD Project
- City Pages has Behind the scenes and event photos.
- Photo sets from photographers Nino Altobelli, Marshall Franklin Long, Sara Rubenstein are up. I'll review the shots and styling later this week.
Calpurnia Peach Spring 2010 Show: 2.21.10 at Architectural Antiques building
- Calpurnia Peach images by Lauren Gantner.
- My review of the show for Vita.mn.
- More reviews from Natalie Gallagher for l'etoile magazine, and METRO Magazine's Mary O'Regan.
New Land of Milk and Honey: 2.20.10 at Soap Factory
- Vita.mn recaps the show, featuring knitwear by Annie Larson.
- Anthem Heart screen-prints tees live at the monthly Worn to be Wild party [Via City Pages]
- Video from Funk 'N Fashion Show at Lost & Found Vintage:
Local fashion links
- Tila Tequila, Kelly Rowland, Serena Williams, and Ciara were all spotted wearing Coco & Breezy sunglasses. Nicki Minaj also wears the shades in the February/March issue of Fader Magazine.
- Minnesota Monthly spotlights local boutique BlackBlue in its March issue.
- Check out former local model Eve Rydberg in the spring 2010 campaign for Chicago-based designer Reddoll by Tatyana Merenyuk
- Twin Cities Live visits Aveda's corporate headquarters and manufacturing facilities in Blaine and found that it took one man’s experiences in Japan, France, and Minnesota to make one of their products happen.
- Iconic supermodel and Minnesotan Cheryl Tiegs visits Twin Cities Live last week and judges some local models.
- Minnesota Bride has an article on JoyNoelle's gorgeous bridal headpieces.
-I'm simply in love with Carrier Pigeon's brand-new matchstick earrings on etsy.
-Faatemah Ampey gives her predictions on the remainder of the current season of "Shear Genius."
-City Pages' latest edition of Freestyle Fashion includes Cliche's Avoid the Grey fashion show, the Hot Pants dance party, and the (In)sight U of M senior fashion show.
-Cute lil' writeup on l'etoile magazine editor-in-chief and Secrets of the City arts editor Kate Iverson in Star Tribune's How I Got That Job feature.
-Pioneer Press has an article on Christopher Straub creating dresses out of Home Depot items for the Home & Garden Show at the Minneapolis Convention Center on Friday.
-The Project Runway game for Wii will hit stores this Tuesday, March 2 and features local contestants Ra'mon-Lawrence Coleman and Christopher Straub, as well as others from season 6.
-Project Runway season six is now available on DVD. [Via Amazon.com]
Social media updates & uploads
Check out Christopher Straub's dress made from Cambria countertop tiles for the Home & Garden Show last weekend.
Christopher Straub makes a big announcement: He'll be showing his first full men's and women's clothing collections will be shown April 25 at St. Paul Hotel during MNfashion Week.
Christopher Straub gives a sneak peak of handbags from his spring 2010 line - a few of which should be popping up in Voltage alongside lines by Emma Berg and PFT Couture.
How local designer Joynoelle would dress the female US athletes for the Olympics closing ceremony.
Ashley Lebedev announced via facebook her work will appear in a national mag featuring America's Next Top Model contestant Raina Hein.
Local hairstylist Adam Livermore styles backstage at Giorgio Armani at Milan Fashion Week.
-Local designer Kerry Riley designs a dress for the movie poster for a film called "Samurai Girl."
Voltage 2010 designer Raul Osorio updates us on the status of his Voltage collection - and fellow Voltage designer Kevin Kramp offers his feedback.
Local designed looks featured in the show include JoyNoelle (shot by Alli Jagoda), and Niki English, Rachel DeLange and Jenny Carle (shot by Robb Long). I especially love the red dress by Jenny Carle, as worn by model Tearra.
LOL/OMG! has a smattering of Tweets from Fashion Fight Night 4 in their Weekend Twitterings.
Vision Models posted this shot, courtesy of models.com, of Vision model Blake Kuchta (right) backstage at Perry Ellis during New York Fashion Week last month.