Sunday, January 3, 2010

Preview: Ra'mon-Lawrence & Christopher Straub holiday 2009

With all the busyness of New Year's Eve, I was unfortunately unable to make it out to the Crystal Ball event at International Market Square to see the debut of holiday 2009 capsule collections by Ra'mon-Lawrence Coleman and Christopher Straub of Project Runway fame. I'm eagerly awaiting photos from my friends at Ignite Models, Inc., which provided models to the show. For now, I'll have to be satisfied with this photo from the City Pages Photobooth.

Here's Ra'mon with Ignite models in his collection:
[Image by Denis Jeong Plaster]

It's hard to make out the detail on this image (click it to make it bigger), but it seems pretty true to Ra'mon's description he gave me in my recent interview with him for l'étoile: "It’s very art nouveau meets space-age gothic." The center ivory/gold dress, "The Michelle," is from his spring 2010 collection, debuted last fall during New York Fashion Week and so named for the First Lady.


[Images by Mike Feltault/MJF Foto]

Here is Christopher with his models. I think the look with the navy top and amber skirt as well as the navy dress look gorgeous. The cream ruffle dress is from one of his previous collections. I'm not so sure about the camel coat - seems a little too Irina/Althea for my taste. (Click the images to make them bigger.)

In other news, Christopher is now on Twitter. You can follow Ra'mon here.

No comments:

Post a Comment