Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Local fashion round-up for 8.9-8.15

Another week, another round of PR6 news and links from our local contestants Ra'mon-Lawrence Coleman and Christopher Straub.

Last weekend, Ra'mon, Christopher, and PR6 contestant Shirin Askari took part in a promotional appearance at the Woodfield Mall in Chicago.

Twin City Scene reviews Straub's pre-show portfolio and features this great facebook quote from Ra'mon about the pre-show speculation he's been receiving: "I like the comment someone wrote that I should get ride of my chin pubes. Almost as great as a woman telling me last night at the Standard in NYC that I would be perfect if I fixed my one crooked tooth. And then gave me her card (she was a dental surgeon). Got to love it. LOL"

Tim Gunn gave People his take on Project Runway's six breakout designers - and it includes both Ra'mon and Christopher. On Ra'mon, Tim says: "He is challenged by sticking to a decision once he makes it. I was constantly surprised." On Christopher, Tim says: "[He's] known to shed tears. Tears of joy. Tears of relief. He instills enthusiasm in everything he's doing."


Here are some shots of backstage prepping from a couple of weeks back when Christopher and Ra'mon were in town for promotional photo shoots for Vita.mn and Twin Cities Statement:

[Christopher & Ra'mon being prepped by Di Medlock & Kelsy Osterman of Eclecticoiffeur. Image by Carlos Gonzalez for Vita.mn]

[Ra'mon being prepped by Di Medlock & Kelsy Osterman of Eclecticoiffeur. Image by Robb Long for Twin Cities Statement]

Star Tribune interviews North American Hairstyling Award winner Faatemah Ampey. (I broke the story back in July; check out the winning looks here.)

Jon Bream
profiles the super-stylish Glamorama headliner Ne-Yo for Star Tribune.

Chicago-based Midwest fashion blog The Midwasteland visits Minneapolis' own Blacklist Vintage to get tips on shopping for vintage hats. Perfect advice for getting dresse for Vita.mn and Jake Rudh's Mad Men premiere party Sunday night at Jax! (Be dressed to impress - I'll be one of the judges giving away best-dressed prizes.)

No comments:

Post a Comment